Tips & Tricks
Search for phrases
Search for co-occurring words as expressions: "Höhere Töchterschule Zürich"
(for this function, use quotes: '' )
Limiting your search
The search can be restricted to specific segments of a text
- title:Pestalozzi (searches only the title of the text)
- body:Pestalozzi (searches only the body of the text)
The search can be restricted according to specific metadata
- author:"Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi" (searches according to author)
- publicationplace:Bern (searches according to place of publication)
- publicationdate:1831 (searches according to publication date)
- municipality:Aarau (searches according to municipality)
- canton:Zürich (searches according to canton)
- nation:Frankreich (searches according to country)
- actors:Actors (searches according to actors)
- texttype:Teaching material (searches according to type of text)
- mediatype:Picture (searches according to type of media)
- language:German (searches according to language)
- project:Stapfer-Enquête (searches according to inventory/project)
- educationssystem:"baccalaureate schools" (searches according to education system)
- subject:Childhood (searches according to subject)
By default, search terms are linked by the or function. This means that:
searches for documents that contain either the term Kindergarten, or refer to the municipality of Kilchberg.
When the + symbol is used before a term, only search results including that term will appear. When the - symbol is used before a term, it will be excluded from the search results.
This is demonstrated by the following two examples:
+Kindergarten +Fröbel (all search results include both Kindergarten and Fröbel)
+Kindergarten -Fröbel (Search results will include the term Kindergarten but not Fröbel).
To perform a multiple character wildcard search use the * symbol.
Pestal* (find Pestalozzi, Pestalozzianum, Pestalozzi-Schule, …)